Discover La Palma
Discover La Palma
Discover La Palma
Software, Marketing & Service
© 2023 Discover La Palma
Las Cuevas, El Paso
• The wide terrain in the Aridane Valley at the foot of the Pico de Bejenao massif is particularly attractive during almond blossom and in spring. Here you can also...
Mirador Llanos del Jable
• The astronomical viewpoint is located 1,200 metres above sea level in the Cumbre Vieja Natural Park. During the day, it offers a fantastic panorama of the Aridane...
• World taste paired with good Palmerian ingredients. For over 20 years, chef and restaurant manager Heidy van de Vorst has been spoiling her guests with culinary creations...
Sea of clouds over Cumbre Vieja
• The Cumbre Vieja volcanic range, about 14 km long, lies at an altitude of about 1,949 m above sea level in the south of the Canary Island of La Palma. Photo: Alex Díaz
Crows in Llano del Jable- El Paso
• On La Palma, the birds, some of which are not very shy, live in the area of Roque de Los Muchachos, in the laurel forest of Los Tilos, in pine forests and barrancos, over cliffs and...
Water at Caldera de Taburiente
• The water in the caldera flows into the Atlantic Ocean via the Barranco de Las Angustas gorge. Video: Hubl Greiner
Mirador de La Cumbrecita view point
• From here you can enjoy a panoramic view of La Caldera de Taburiente National Park. Also, at the Mirador de La Cumbrecita viewpoint...
El Paso Centre
• The small town of El Paso attracts visitors with a cultural centre with a fairground, the market hall where local products are offered, as well as restaurants, museums, shops and...
Caldera de Taburiente national park
• This is where the Aceró tribesmen retreated to when the Spaniard Alonso Fernández de Lugo began to invade the island of the Benahoaritas, the indigenous people of La...
• Production, exhibition and sale of silk at Taller Las Hilanderas. Looms, spindles and insights into the extraction of raw materials from the cocoons of silkworms can be...
Route of the volcanoes
• The volcano route on the GR 131 is one of the best-known but most demanding hiking tours on La Palma – from the Refugio del Pilar it goes over the volcanic chain "Cumbre Vieja"...
Benehauno - guanche rock carvings museum
• "Benehauno" was the prehispanic name for the mountain Pico Bejenao, which you can see from the museum. In the exhibition rooms, archaeological finds...
Pico Bejenao peak
• The Pico Bejenao peak is the only solitary mountain peak on the island of La Palma. It is located in the middle of the national park, but is not part of the highlands...
Ermita de la Virgen del Pino - Chapel Hermitage Of The Virgin Of Pine
• The small pilgrimage church "Ermita de la Virgen del Pino" was only built in 1930 next to the approx. 800-year-old 32-metre-high pine tree, which was declared a protected...
Cloud waterfall at Cumbre Nueva
• At about 1450 metres, the trade wind clouds coming from the east "flow" over the ridge. Photo: Saúl Santos
Water in the Angustias canyon
• The creek bed near the car park is the starting point of the Caldera hike. Photo: Uka Roesch
Cumbre Vieja volcano
• Photos: Kike Navarro
Vulcano of Cumbre Vieja
• On 19 September 2021, the volcano in the Cumbre Vieja mountain range erupted and began spewing fire, ash and lava. Photo: Alex Díaz
Volcano of Cumbre Vieja
• The natural spectacle of the volcano that erupted on Cumbre Vieja on 21 September 2021 is fascinating – but only from a distance...
Uli at the viewpoint Mirador La Cancelita
• The viewpoint "Mirador La Cancelita" in Los Barros (municipality of El Paso) above the town of Los Llanos de Aridane on the west side of La Palma offers a beautiful view into the...
Red dock in bloom at the Llano del Jable plane
rumex bucephalophorus • In spring, between March and April, the knotweed with its bright red stems, leaves and flowers covers the black lava field Llano del Jable near...
Sin Suela Tijarafe
• Also during the volcanic eruption on Cumbre Vieja on 19 September 2021, the volunteer troop of "Sin Suela" from Tijarafe did a great job in helping to supply the...