Discover La Palma
Discover La Palma
Discover La Palma
Software, Marketing & Service
© 2023 Discover La Palma
• The small natural beach in Garafía can only be reached on foot or by boat via an adventurous, steep path. Soft sand can only be found here in...
Los Franceses beach
• The beach Fajana de Franceses in Garafía is 700 metres long but not very wide. However, the rocky bathing place is hardly visited. Access on foot is somewhat...
Roque de Los Muchachos
• The Roque belongs to the Caldera de Taburiente National Park. The Astrophysical Institute of the Roque de Los Muchachos explores the northern hemisphere with telescopes here. Photo: Alex Díaz
Pink Viper's bugloss
echium wildpretii ssp trichosiphon • The pink viper's buglosses can be seen on Roque de Los Muchachos from May to June. To form its impressive inflorescence, the "tajinaste rosado" needs 3-5 years...
Santo Domingo de Garafía
• The municipality capital Santo Domingo de Garafía is a picturesque village (approx. 350 m above sea level) with old Canarian houses, steep alleys and a plaza...
Sea of clouds at Roque de Los Muchachos
• Measured from sea level to the top of the high mountain peak, it is 2,426 metres. Video: Hubl Greiner
Observatory Roque de Los Muchachos
• The summit of Roque de Los Muchachos mountain on La Palma is one of the best stargazing spots in the northern hemisphere. The observatory...
Mill of Las Tricias - MIGO Gofiomuseum
• In the northwest of La Palma, the Gofio Museum is located in the twelve-wing windmill of Las Tricias. It is a listed building and was already...
Puerto de Santo Domingo - Harbour of Garafía
• A small path leads down the steep coast to the old harbour. Goods were once loaded onto small ships from here and taken to the island capital Santa Cruz...
• On the highest elevation of the secluded village, the mountain La Centinela, a stiff breeze blows – from here you can look deep into the Barranco de La Luz gorge. Crystal-clear...
• Time seems to have stood still in the unspoilt and beautiful protected landscape with fantastic views in the municipality of Villa de Garafía, between the Barranco de Los Hombres...
Fajana de Los Franceses
• A path leads over the cliff of the Barranco de Los Hombres gorge to the landing stage from where agricultural products were shipped to the island capital Santa Cruz de La...
Roque de Las Tabaibas rock
• The rocks are located between the Roque de Santo Domingo rock and the Roque del Guincho rock in the Atlantic Ocean in front of the old port of Garafía. Photo: Kike Navarro
• The Lomada Grande hiking trail at Las Tricias in Garafía is 10.6 km long. The partly very steep circular trail leads to great viewpoints and caves in a breathtaking...
Bodegas Eufrosina Pérez Rodríguez - El Níspero
• In the "Subzona Norte" are the 3.5 ha of own cultivation area in the area of Briesta, Garafía. The wines of winemaker Eufrosina Pérez Rodríguez with the name "El Níspero"...
Cheese dairy El Juncal
• Coastal climate and mountainous region: at 400 to almost 900 metres above sea level, the 150 goats have almost the entire barranco and the mountain flanks at their...
S. A. T. Bodegas Perdomo - Piedra jurada wine
• The great-grandfather of Patricia Perdomo, who studied oenology, and her sister Lucía, an agricultural technician, already made wine here. In the protected location of the vineyards...
Sunset at high altitude
• Watching the sunset on the island's summit Roque de Los Muchachos is something very special...
Barranco de los Sables gorge in Santo Domingo de Garafía
• To get from Santo Domingo to Salvatierra, you have to cross the Barranco de los Sables gorge. Here you will find many caves that were once inhabited...